This is a quick, hearty meal that is very flexible (I’ve scaled it up to a 10 gallon pot). I like to serve it with garlic bread too.
- Olive oil
- Shallots (1 large)
- White wine (3/4 cup)
- Crushed tomatoes, no salt (14floz can)
- Cannellini beans (28oz can)
- Better Than Bouillon No Chicken broth (extra strong: 2 cups water/1 tbsp paste)
- Powdered? Thyme (1 tbsp)
- Powdered? Sage (1 tsp)
- Smoked salt (2 tsp)
- Table salt
- Kale (two boxes fresh)
- Liquid smoke (1 tsp)
- Umami salt (MSG) (to taste)
- Romano cheese
- sherry vinegar
- Put heavily-salted water on for boil. When ready, blanch kale for 1 minute.
- Dice shallots. Saute in olive oil and caramelize.
- Add white wine and reduce to cook off alcohol.
- While cooking, prepare veggie broth.
- Add broth, beans, tomatoes, salt, and spices.
- Let simmer on low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add kale to stew and simmer 5 more minutes
Served with Romano cheese and a splash of sherry vinegar